51 Third St.
Camden, NY 13316
Civil Service Application and Veteran Status Form & Civil Service Reference Form ( all non-instructional positions- please note that the verterans form is mandatory)
Instructional Application (Substitute Teachers, Teacher Assisants, and Home Tutors)
On-Line Application System (OLAS- for Teachers)
Employment Opportunities (contiunous recruitment)
Substitute Food Service Helper
Substitute Teacher Aide
Substitute Teacher Assistant
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Types of Certificates and Licenses - Teaching Assistant
Types of Certificates and Licenses - Teaching AssistantContact Lee Farrell at Madison Oneida BOCES regarding questions with the certification process (315)361-5512
- Required training & testing: http://www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert/certificate/teaching-assistant-level-1.html
- Applying for certification: http://www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert/certificate/apply.html
How do I contact the substitute service:
- Absence Managment Login If possible, please call no later than 6:00 a.m. for the day you need a substitute.
How do I become a substitute teacher?
- Applicant must have at least 60 college credits from an accredited college or university.
- Applicant must complete an application and submit three (3) letters of reference (no family members).
- Applicant must be fingerprinted through the New York State Education Department.
When the above are submitted to the human resources office, you will be contacted to set up an interview with the Assistant Superintendent for Instruction. Once interviewed and approved, the candidate's name is presented to the Board of Education for final approval. Once that is completed, the applicant's name goes on the daily "to call" list.
Substitute teachers may obtain an application by clicking the link at the top of the page. (Teacher Application)
How can I obtain an application for employment?
- Certified teacher applicants are asked to apply using the On-Line Application System.
- New to the On-Line Application System? Click here to apply.
- Support staff (food service, teacher aide, cleaner/custodian, bus driver, school bus attendant, registered professional nurse, secretary) may download an application from the Oneida County Civil Service Department.
Whom do I address a cover letter to?
- Mrs. Louise Rutherford - Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction
What are the phone numbers of customer service for the vision/dental plans?
- Delta Dental of New York: 1(800)932-0783
- Davis Vision: 1(800)999-5431
- Click here for more information http://www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert/certificate/apply.html