Listed below are the names and telephone numbers of the school principals, department supervisors, as well as other frequently requested numbers. This list is current as of October 2021.
51 THIRD STREET, CAMDEN, NY 13316
|Superintendent||Dr. Ravo Root||315-245-4075|
|Assistant Superintendent - Instruction||Jason P. Evangelist||315-245-4096|
|Assistant Superintendent - Business||Karl Keil, Jr.||315-245-1024|
|District Treasurer||Karen Jones||315-245-4086|
|Coordinator for Instructional Technology||Heather Wieland||315-245-2501|
|Central Registration Office||Rachel Archibee||315-245-4096|
|Assistant Director of Student Support Services||Nicholas Pulizzi||315-245-3410|
55 OSWEGO STREET, CAMDEN, NY 13316
|Assistant Principal||William Snyder||315-245-3168|
|Guidance Office||Lisa Halukiewicz||315-245-3699|
|Attendance Office||Donna Glessing||315-245-0022|
|Athletic Director||Steve Komanecky||315-245-0605|
32 UNION STREET, CAMDEN, NY 13316
|Assistant Principal||Aaron Fiorini||315-245-0080|
|Guidance Office||Karen Henry||315-245-1249|
|Attendance Office||Kim Denison||315-245-0080 ext. 4|
1 OSWEGO STREET, CAMDEN, NY 13316
|Assistant Principal||John Harrington||315-246-2616|
8564 STATE ROUTE 13, BLOSSVALE, NY 13308
LOCATED WITHIN THE CAMDEN MIDDLE SCHOOL:
32 UNION STREET, CAMDEN, NY 13316
|Food Service||Kathleen Carney||(315) 361-8419|
93 Third Street, Camden, NY 13316
|Superintendent of Buildings & Grounds||Randy Bajohr||315-245-3012|
91 Liberty Street, Camden, NY 13316
|Transportation Director||Ed Snow||315-245-0878|
Regular School Day Times
|All Elementary Schools Pre-Kg-4||Camden Middle School 5-8||Camden High School 9-12|
|8:50 a.m. to 3:25 p.m.||7:47 a.m. to 2:15 / 3:05 p.m||7:49 a.m. to 2:26 / 3:10 p.m|
CAFETERIA INFORMATION:The Camden Central School District continues to work with the New York State Child Nutrition Program Administration to provide a Community Eligibility School Meal Program in support of our students, families and community. Our Board of Education and Administration was pleased to announce that on August 3, 2017, we were notified that the Camden Central School District was approved for the program starting in the 2017-2018 school year. The program will be available again for a second year, 2018-2019. Again this upcoming school year ALL students enrolled at Camden Central School District are eligible to receive a healthy breakfast and lunch at school at NO CHARGE to your household each day. Your child will be able to participate in these meal programs without having to pay a fee or complete an application.
The only request that the Business Office has is for you to complete the confidential Household Income Eligibility Form, one per family that will be sent home with your student at the start of the year. The Income Eligibility Form will assist the District in obtaining additional funding from the State and Federal Government.
Any questions may be addressed to the District Business Office at 315-245-1024.
EMERGENCY SCHOOL INFORMATION:
It is sometimes necessary to close school, delay the opening of school, or on rare occasions, dismiss students early because of poor weather or other emergency. In the event that we have such a situation, we will utilize the Enhanced Phone Communication System (School Messenger), District Web Site, and Radio / Television Stations.
WODZ 96.1, WFRG 104.3, WLZW 98.7, WIBX 950 AM, WSEN Oldies 92, Cable Access Channel, Lite 98.7,WYYY 94.5, WSYR 570 AM, WMCR 106.3 FM / 1600 AM, WNTQ 93Q
WSTM-3, WIXT-9, WKTV-2, News Channel 10
Camden Schools Web Site – www.camdenschools.org
School Messenger (if you are not sure if you are registered for this system, please contact your student's home building main office using the information above)
Please note that we will try to make a closing or delay decision by 6:00 a.m. The opening of school may be delayed ONE, TWO, or THREE HOURS, depending on circumstances. The early dismissal of students is an option occasionally used. Please list all emergency contacts you may need on your child’s emergency card that will be sent home with your child.
In order to maintain regular bus times throughout the routes and the year, we need all students to be at their bus stop 5 minutes before the scheduled pickup time.
BE SAFE AND BE CIVIL
A safe and civil school bus ride for students is important to all of our bus drivers. Each student must do their part to assist and assure safety and civility on their bus. Parents, you can help by sharing with your children the following guidelines.
Safety for all students
- Students need to listen to and obey bus driver’s safety instructions while entering, exiting, and riding the bus.
- Consumption of food on a bus is dangerous and therefore not allowed.
- Obviously, illegal substances are not allowed on buses.
- Scented chemicals like perfume can endanger children with allergies; therefore, no scented chemicals are allowed on the bus.
- Moving around a traveling bus is dangerous; therefore, students should remain in their seats. For accountability and orderliness, our District uses the best-practice of assigned seating. Students need to remain in those assigned seats during the entire ride.
- There are many objects that can be dangerous if carried on a bus. Items that should not be carried on a bus include: glass objects, weapons, explosive or flammable devices, live animals, or objects too large to fit on the student’s lap.
- All students should show respect to all other students and in doing so there should be no profanities, outbursts, no violence, no threats, no horseplay. Students need to keep their hands to themselves while riding the school bus.
- The driver of the bus is responsible for the health and safety of all students while on the bus. Therefore, all students need to follow the direction of the driver for everyone’s well-being. Should it be necessary, the driver can submit a behavioral referral to a student’s building administrator for review. The building administrator has a list of potential consequences that can be assessed. Please refer to your child’s handbook to review all transportation discipline procedures. Contact your child’s building principal if you have any questions.
DISTRICT POLICIES AND FORMS:
All School District Policies and selected forms are posted on the Camden Central School District Website. Parents are encouraged to utilize that section, should they have questions or concerns. Parents may also contact their child’s building administrator to request a copy of a policy or form, should the need arise.