Fire Inspection Notice
Notice is hereby given that the annual inspections for 2023-2024 of Camden Elementary, McConnellsville Elementary, Camden Middle, Camden High, Maintenance Building, Bus Garage, and Administration Building of the Camden Central School District for fire hazards which might endanger the lives of students, teachers, employees therein, have been completed and the report thereof is available at the office of the Camden Central School District at 51 Third Street, Camden, NY for inspection by all interested persons.
Pesticide Notification - Fall 2023
New York State Education Law Section 409-H, effective July 1, 2001, requires all public and nonpublic Elementary and Secondary schools to provide periodic written notification to all persons in parental relationship, faculty, and staff regarding the use of pesticides.
As a reminder, the Camden Central School District is required to maintain a list of persons in parental relationship, faculty, and staff who wish to receive 48-hour prior written notification of certain pesticide applications. The following pesticide applications are not subject to prior notification requirements:
- A school remains unoccupied for continuous 72-hours following an application;
- Anti-microbial products;
- Nonvolatile rodenticides in tamper resistant bait stations in areas inaccessible to children;
- Nonvolatile insecticidal baits in tamper resistant bait stations in areas inaccessible to children;
- Silica gels and other nonvolatile ready-to-use pastes, foams, or gels in areas inaccessible to children;
- Boric acid and disodium octaborate tetrahydrate;
- The application of EPA designated biopesticides;
- The application of EPA designated exempt materials under 40CFR152.25;
- The use of aerosol products with a directed spray in containers of 18 fluid ounces or less when used to protect individuals from an imminent threat from stinging and biting insects including venomous spiders, bees, wasps, and hornets.
In the event of an emergency application necessary to protect against an imminent threat to human health, a good faith effort will be made to supply written notification to those on the 48-hour prior notification list. If you have not yet registered to receive 48-hour prior notification of pesticide applications that are scheduled to occur in your school for the 2022-2023 year, please complete the form sent home with your child, or send a note in writing and return it to the
Camden Central School District Pesticide Representative at:
51 Third Street, Camden, New York 13316 or Fax 315-245-1622
The Camden Central School District uses Integrated Pest Management practices to limit our need to apply pesticides in the buildings and on the grounds. In compliance with New York State Law our district maintains and updates annually a list of staff and parents who wish to receive written notice forty-eight (48) hours prior to a pesticide application at their school facility if the building will be occupied within seventy-two (72) hours of an application. If you wish to be included on this notification list, or would like further information on our pesticide program, please contact Karen Jones, Assistant Superintendent for Business, at 315-245-1024, or write her at Camden Central School District, 51 Third Street, Camden, NY 13316.
Annual Asbestos Notification
In accordance with the Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act of 1987 (AHERA), a copy of the Camden CSD building inspection report and management plan is available for review during business hours by appointment. Please contact the Director of Facilities at 315-245-3012 to set up an appointment or if you have any questions.